Rome, 25th September 2015
RE: Letter of Invitation to participate in Carmelite JPIC Questionnaire
Dear Brother/ Sister,
The Carmelite General Commission for Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation (JPIC), was constituted by the General Council after the General Chapter of 2013. The members of the Commission are drawn from various regions of the Order and some representatives of the Carmelite Family. It was established ‘to sensitize, animate, participate in the promotion of the Carmelites’ preferential attention to the welfare of little ones of history, and involvement in JPIC issues in particular contexts’ (Global Pan, p.35). In pursuit of this goal, the members of the Commission are planning for an all Carmelite Family JPIC Congress during July 2017.
In preparation for this Congress, the Commission is seeking your interest and participation in the upcoming activities, namely:
- Inviting all members of the Carmelite Family to participate in a questionnaire survey on what ministries Carmelites are actually involved in;
- Inviting members to take time and respond to the questionnaire individually or communally;
- collection of responses and analysis by the JPIC Commission members;
- Production of a working paper/ document synthesizing responses which will be the basis for the discussions at the Congress;
- Culminating in an All Carmelite Family JPIC Congress during July 2017
- Production of a Carmelite JPIC handbook.
The questionnaire can be responded to both electronically on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to
The Carmelite Commission for Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation
Curia Generalizia Dei Carmelitani;
Via Giovanni Lanza, 138,
00184 Roma, Italia.
We invite Carmelites with access to internet to download the questionnaire and distribute the hard copies to others. We hope you will be as interested in this exercise as we are.
May the fiery prophet Elijah who lived in the presence of the living God and responded to the needs of the people of his time inspire you to do the same in our time. May Mary of Nazareth, the woman of faith and contemplation encourage you to ponder on the mystery of Christ and his relevance in the face of the daunting social and environmental challenges of the twenty-first century.
God bless you and renew you in your pursuit of the Carmelite vocation and charism in its various expressions as friar, sister, nun and lay faithful.
Yours fraternally in Carmel,
Conrad Mutizamhepo, O.Carm
General Councillor and Praeses of Carmelite Commission for JPIC